Who is Katherine Heigl ?
Katherine Marie Heigl (born November 24, 1978) is an American actress, film producer and former fashion model.
She started her career as a child model with Wilhelmina Models before turning her attention to acting.
She made her film debut in That Night(1992) and later appeared in My Father the Hero (1994) as well as Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995). From 2005 to 2010, Heigl starred as Isobel Stevens on the television series Grey’s Anatomy.
SEE ALSO: Patrick Dempsey bio, Wiki & Net Worth
Who are Katherine Heigl Parents ? Siblings ?
Heigl was born in Washington, D.C., in Columbia Hospital for Women.
She is the youngest of four children of Nancy (née Engelhardt), a personal manager, and Paul Heigl, a financial executive and accountant.
Her father is of German (including Swiss-German) and Irish descent, and her mother is of German ancestry.
Her siblings are Meg (adopted), Jason (deceased), and Holt.
Heigl lived in Virginia and then Denver, before her family moved into a Victorian-style farmhouse in the town of New Canaan, Connecticut, when Katherine was five, and where she spent the rest of her childhood.
In 1986, her older brother Jason died of injuries suffered in a car accident, after being thrown from the back of a pickup truck while out for lunch with some of his high school classmates. His organs were donated by his family after death.
Her brother’s death led Heigl’s parents to convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Heigl was reared in that faith (prior to that, her mother had been Lutheran and her father Catholic).
Follow Katherine Heigl on Instagram
What is Katherine Heigl Net Worth ?
Katherine Heigl is an American actress and producer who has a net worth of $30 million.
Full Name: Katherine Marie Heigl
Current Residence: United States
- Profession: American actress and producer
- Nationality: American
Religion: Not Available
Spouse/Wife: Josh Kelley (m. 2007)
Children: 3 (Nancy Leigh Kelley, Adalaide Marie Hope Kelley, Joshua Bishop Kelley, Jr)
- Net Worth: $30 million
Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
Weight: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Unknown facts about Katherine Heigl
- Started her career as a child model with Wilhelmina Models.
- Has two older brothers, Holt and John; and an older sister, Meg Heigl-Beltran. Brother Jason died from head injuries, suffered in a car accident, when she was very young.
- Auditioned for all 3 female leads on Roswell (1999) before being cast as Isabel.
- Katherine’s paternal grandfather was of half German and half Swiss-German descent, and Katherine’s paternal grandmother was the daughter of Irish parents. Katherine’s mother is of German descent.
- Graduated from New Canaan High School in 1996.
- Beat out Alicia Silverstone for the lead role in My Father the Hero (1994).
- Played the cello in High School.
- Ranked #72 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women In The World” (2002)
- Her last name is pronounced “HI guhl.”