Who is Karan Johar ?
Karan Johar was born on 25 May 1972. He is often informally referred to as KJo, is an Indian film director, producer, screenwriter, costume designer, actor and television personality who is primarily known for his work in Hindi films.
He is the son of Hiroo Johar and the acclaimed producer Yash Johar.
Johar made his directorial debut with the blockbuster romance Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), which earned him the Filmfare Awards for Best Director and Best Screenplay.
His counter-terrorism drama My Name Is Khan(2010) earned him his second Filmfare Award for Best Director.
These, along with the several successful films he has produced under the Dharma Productions banner, have established him as one of the leading director-producers in Hindi cinema.
Who is Karan Johar Dating ?
Johar is single and is not involved in any relationship. When asked his opinions on marriage, Johar said that he is not in the headspace to marry anyone, as work is the only priority for him.
For the time being, it is said that he wants to wait to get married until he is ready.
The TV show host has been criticized more than once on his sexual orientation. Some calling him a bisexual, while others calling him a homosexual.
At a recent function of AIB, Johar was openly questioned on his sexual orientation, which he took lightheartedly without denying or even confirming if that was the case. Johar believes it’s no one’s business to judge what one does in the confines of their private lives.
- Real Name: Karan Dharma Kama Johar
- Nickname: Kjo
- Profession: Director, Producer, Writer & TV Celebrity
- Height: 175 cm, 1.75m, 5feet 9inches
- Weight: 77 Kg (170lbs)
- Body Measurements: 40-30-11 inches
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
- Date of Birth: 25th may 1972
- Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharasthra, India
- Zodiac Sign or Sun Sign: Gemini
- Nationality: Indian
- Debut Movie: Kuch KUch Hota Hein (1998) – Director
- Film Debut as a Director: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
- TV Debut: Indradhanush (1989)
- Father: Late Yash Johar (producer)
- Mother: Hiroo Joha
- Brother: No
- Sister: No
- Favourite Food: Parsi Food
- Favourite Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan & Rishi Kapoor
- Favourite Actress: Meryl Streep, Kajol, Rani Mukherji & Kareena Kapoor
- Favourite Films: Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
- Favourite TV Show: The Golden Girls
- Favourite Drinks: Saint Emilion (wine), Dom Perignon (Pink Champagne)
- Favourite Fashion Brand: Givenchy
- Favourite Perfume: Creed
- Favourite restaurant: Starbucks Coffee in Mumbai
- Favourite Destination: New York
- Girl Friends: Unknown
- Salary: 6-8 Crore
- Net Worth: $200
- Does Karan Johar Smoke? Non Smoker
- Does Karan Johan Drink Alcohol? Yes he drinks
Karan Johar’s Some Facts:
- Karan made first appereance in a bolywood movie DDLJ (1995) as Rocky.
- Karan made choice of Clothes for Shah Rukh in DDLJ
- Karan have faith in numerology so till 2006 he made films with letter K
- Karan and Shah Rukh are very close friends, But once he said that Shah Rukh gives 100% effort in his work but Hrithik gives 300%.
- Karan was assistant of Yash Chopra before he started the profession of Director.
- His mother was the sister of Yash Chopra.
- Karan Fall in love with Twinkle Khanna.
- Karan Can speak French Language Fluently.