Who is Shashi Kapoor ?
Shashi Kapoor (born as Balbir Raj Kapoor; 18 March 1938 – 4 December 2017) was an Indian film actor and producer.
He appeared in a large number of Hindi films as well as in a few English-language films. He also been a film director and assistant director in the Hindi film industry.
Shashi Kapoor was a member of the Kapoor family, a film dynasty in India’s Bollywood cinema.
Kapoor was born in Calcutta (now Kolkata) during the British Raj.
He was the 3rd and the youngest son of Prithviraj Kapoor, the younger brother of Raj Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor, the widower of Jennifer Kendal (sister of actress Felicity Kendal), and the father of Karan Kapoor, Kunal Kapoor, and Sanjana Kapoor.
In 2011, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India for his contributions to Art-Cinema.
In 2015, he was awarded the 2014 Dadasaheb Phalke Award, making him the third member of his family to receive the highest award in Indian Cinema after Prithviraj Kapoor and Raj Kapoor.
He passed away on 4th December 2017 after a prolonged liver cirrhosis at Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai.
Who is Shashi Kapoor Spouse ?
Shashi Kapoor got married with Jennifer Kendal. They got married on 1958. Jennifer died of cancer in 1984 which shattered him.
What is Shashi Kapoor Net Worth ?
He has an estimated net worth of $80 Million.
- Birthday: March 18, 1938
- Birth Place: Kolkata, India
- Died: December 4, 2017, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, India
- Spouse: Jennifer Kendal (m. 1958–1984)
- Children: Karan Kapoor, Sanjana Kapoor, Kunal Kapoor
- Siblings: Raj Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor, Nandi Kapoor, Devi Kapoor, Urmila Sial Kapoor
- Net Worth: $80 Million
- Profession: Indian film actor and producer
- Awards: Padma Bhushan (2011), Dadasaheb Phalke Award